Category: Human, Mentally Deranged, Evil Clown, Supervillain, Artist (homicidal), Criminal, American, Mass Murderer, Boss
Age: Exact Age Unknown
Origin: Gotham City, USA
Habitat: Axis Chemical; news broadcasts; abandoned, mile-high downtown cathedral; bicentennial parades – he's everywhere you wanna be!
General Description: Disfigured acid-burn victim and gangster Jack Napier took one look at his stained and mangled clownlike appearance and lost his damn mind! (It happens.) Unfortunately, he is now the Joker, arch-nemesis to Batman, and bane of the lawful and the just!
Friends, Associates, and Sidekicks: Bob the Goon; Lawrence the Goon, assorted nameless goons
Sworn Enemies: Batman, classic works of art ('cept Francis Bacon), sanity
Special Powers: None save a massive intellect and a gift for planning and executing unstoppable villainous plots.
Weapons of Choice: Killer Joy Buzzer, Acid-Squirting Lapel Flower, a Smith and Wesson M29 .44 Magnum pistol with a loooooooonnnng barrel, Smilex gas, regular revolvers, fake hands, Ninja Throwing Quill. The Joker is well-versed in all manner of weaponry, both mundane and absurd.
Weaknesses: The ladies, easily-stolen balloons, gravity,
Hobbies: Art, Photography, Murder
Pet Peeves: People stealing his balloons
1) Haven't you ever heard of the healing power of laughter?
2) I've been dead once already; it's very liberating. You should think of it as therapy.
3) It's as though we were made for each other. Beauty and the Beast. Of course, if anyone else calls you 'beast' I'll rip their lungs out.
4) You ever dance with the devil by the pale moonlight? I always ask that of all my prey. I just like the sound of it.
5) Never rub another man's rhubarb.
6) Now comes the part where I relieve you, the little people, of the burden of your failed and useless lives. But remember, as my plastic surgeon always said: if you got to go, go with a smile.
7) This town needs an enema!
Total Estimated Power Rating: 13
6 Intellect Points + 3 Base Physical Strength Points + 2 Weapon Points for a variety of weapons at his disposal + 1 Shock Point for the smile + 1 Additional Unpredictability Point
Danger Level: High. He is a real threat, especially when Smilex gas is involved. He'll wipe out a town if left unchecked.
Identification: If you see a whitefaced clown dressed in purple and holding a pistol, it's either the Joker or that crazy uncle no one ever talks about. Either way, its best to keep moving.
How to Avoid: Stay out of Gotham City. Stay away from art museums and parades – basically anything gaudy and loud. Live a bland and colorless life in Iowa. (I don't think he ever goes there).
Suggested Actions in Case of Encounter: Use your grappling hook. (What, no grappling hook? Well, that is just inviting trouble, friend!) Running away works too...
Suggested Killing Techniques: Shoot him in the face. He's just a guy, after all. (Somebody should tell that to Batman)
Additional Character Images:
Movies and Books Featuring the Character:
- Batman (1989)